DJ died after taking Viagra-like drug bought on 'net
A FIT young DJ suffered a heart-attack after taking amphetamines and a Viagra-like drug he bought on the internet.
John 'Broz' Brosnan (35) was able to walk from his home to a Cork hospital after complaining of chest pains -- but suffered a massive coronary and died just two hours later.
Mr Brosnan -- who received numerous awards from gay and lesbian groups for his fearless campaigning for same-sex couples -- had started using amphetamines or 'speed' after living in the Netherlands.
His partner, Michael Nason, said after the Cork Coroner's inquest: "We were together for 18 years -- I am still devastated."
Mr Brosnan was a high profile DJ and was part of popular DJ combo 'Broz & Angi' as well as fronting the disco-soul group, Sexual Chocolate.
Coroner Dr Myra Cullinane heard that on September 30 Mr Brosnan took some amphetamines and a Viagra-like drug called 'Kamagra'.
Shortly before 4am, he told his partner he had chest pains and numbness in his hands and his arms.
They decided to walk from their Douglas Street home in Cork city centre to the nearby South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital (SIVUH).
An electro-cardiogram indicated that Mr Brosnan had suffered a heart attack -- and, by 5am, his condition deteriorated in the emergency department.
He suffered a seizure before later collapsing in front of his partner. Doctors were unable to revive him and he was pronounced dead at 6.10am.
The jury returned a verdict of death by misadventure.