Boy charged with killing Polish man sent for trial
A 17-year-old boy charged with the murder of a Polish national in Coolock, Dublin, last October, was served with a book of evidence and sent forward to the Central Criminal Court.
Lukasz Rzeszutko (27), who had been on his way to work at a fish processing plant, was attacked at the Newtown Industrial Estate in the early hours of October 2 last.
He was found on a road at around 5am with serious head injuries and died two days later at Beaumont Hospital.
The teenager, who cannot be identified because he is a juvenile, had been charged last month, along with two adults, with murdering Mr Rzeszutko.
At the Dublin Children's Court yesterday, Garda Brian Healy served the book of evidence on the boy, who was accompanied by his mother.
Judge Clare Leonard told the teenager that DPP had consented to him being sent forward for trial at the present term of the Central Criminal Court.
The teenager was notified that "if you intend to use an alibi you must notify the State within 14 days and give names and address of those people you wish to use as an alibi".
The teen remained silent as he was returned for trial.
His mother has been allowed to stand bail in the sum of €10,000. The boy is subject to bail conditions, which the judge said meant he must obey a curfew from 10pm to 6am at his home and "make yourself available if required by gardai calling to this address".
He was also ordered to sign on twice a week at his local garda station and have "no contact with the co-accuseds or any witnesses".
Co-defendants Martin Morgan (20), of Tonlegee Road, in Raheny, and Edward Byrne (20), from Coolock, but who had an address at a YMCA hostel, were due to appear at Dublin District Court today to be served with books of evidence.