Boy (13) beat man with pole
A 13-year-old boy, who beat a Pakistani national with a metal pole during an unprovoked gang attack in Dublin, has been remanded on bail pending sentence.
The boy, now aged 14, pleaded guilty at the Dublin Children's Court to possessing a metal pole as a weapon and assault causing harm to the man at the South Circular Road, on June 17 last year.
Garda Mark Bolger told Judge Michael Coghlan that the victim had been going home when he was set on.
The boy "used a metal rod to strike the injured party, he was arrested close to the scene", the garda said.
Judge Coghlan adjourned the case until a date in September for a probation report.
A 15-year-old boy, who beat the man with a garden rake during the attack, has already admitted an assault charge.