A young man has been charged with causing serious harm to a man who lost most of an ear in an incident in Dublin.
Jack Quirke (21) appeared in court charged in connection with the alleged assault two years earlier on Mark Burke.
Mr Quirke is facing trial, and the case against him was adjourned at Dublin District Court.
Mr Burke, who is in his 40s, was seriously injured in an attack involving a number of men at a south inner city flats complex.
Most of one of his ear was severed and he also suffered stab wounds to his chest.
Mr Quirke was taken to court on Friday and charged with causing serious harm to Mr Burke at Whitefriar Gardens on August 1, 2018.
The prosecuting garda told Judge John Campbell that when he arrested the accused under Section 4 of the Non Fatal Offences against the Person Act, Mr Quirke said: "Yeah, that's grand, yeah."
He was taken to Kevin Street garda station, where he was charged. He made no reply after caution.
The accused, with an address at St Theresa's Gardens, Dublin 8, was handed a copy of the charge sheet.
The garda said there was no objection to bail subject to conditions, and defence barrister Garrett Casey said the accused consented to this.
Judge Campbell granted bail in Mr Quirke's own bond of €100, with no cash lodgement required.
Under conditions, he must have no contact, directly or indirectly with Mr Burke and stay out of Whitefriar Gardens and its environs.
Judge Campbell asked the accused if the bail conditions were clear to him.
"That's clear," he replied.
Mr Casey applied for free legal aid, saying the accused was working on a links project.
There was no garda objection and the judge granted free legal aid.
The court heard the Director of Public Prosecutions had directed trial on indictment, and the case was adjourned for the preparation of a book of evidence, which will be required before the accused can be sent forward to Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
Mr Quirke has not yet indicated how he intends to plead to the charge and left court after signing his bail bond.