Councillor loses battle to keep out King Scum
FEAR: Felloni can apply for house
A DUBLIN councillor has called on the council to refuse any housing assistance to notorious drug dealer Tony Felloni.
Dubbed 'King Scum', Felloni (68) one of the first dealers to introduce heroin to Dublin, was released from prison last month.
Cllr Cieran Perry tabled a motion at Tuesday's area committee meeting that Dublin City Council would not assist Felloni "in any way" to get housing.
The motion was rejected outright by councillors, who feared being sued by the gangster.
Inner-city families are living in "fear" that 'King Scum' Tony Felloni will live in their area in the coming weeks.
Felloni, who contracted HIV through his own drug use, peddled heroin for 16 years using addicts he had got hooked to the drug.
He was released from Mountjoy prison on January 29, having served 15 years of a 20-year prison sentence for the sale and supply of heroin.
He had previously served seven years in prison from 1986 when he was also jailed for drug trafficking.
East Wall residents claim he was responsible for getting some of its community hooked and are adamant they don't want him in the area.
Last year, €500,000 in cash was finally confiscated from Felloni, and his son Luigi (37), and daughter Regina (35), when the High court approved an application made by the Criminal Assets Bureau.
The career criminal has notched up 27 convictions dating back to the 1960s.
Cllr Perry told the Herald: "He is actually scum of the earth. He has done so much damage in the area with the supply of heroin, single-handedly."
Felloni, formerly of Dominick Street in Dublin, is reportedly estranged from his family.
A spokesperson for the Department of Justice and Law Reform said the housing of released prisoners is carried out by through "multi-agency approach," and support services are available from the Irish Probation Service and the Irish Prison Services for ex-prisoners.