herald

Saturday 25 November 2017

Children injured after tree fire

THREE children are being treated for smoke inhalation today after the Christmas tree at their home caught fire and spread to a sofa.

The family from Laytown, Co Meath, had a lucky escape when the tree caught fire yesterday evening.

Two units of the fire brigade from Drogheda worked at the scene after the fire broke out just before 6pm at the house on The Green in Inse Bay in the coastal Meath town.

The cause of the fire is believed to be the lights that were on the natural Christmas tree.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News