Charges expected shortly over horror attack on pensioner Eva
The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) is expected to bring charges against two young men believed to be involved in the savage aggravated burglary of an 89-year-old woman.
Pensioner Eva Sutton was woken up in the early hours September 11 last year by two men who smashed through her front door while she slept in a downstairs room.
They viciously assaulted Ms Sutton during an hour-long ordeal. The victim's lung was punctured, her ribs were broken and her hand was fractured during the attack.
The two attackers ripped a special emergency alert device from her neck as they continued to beat her.
The DPP is now expected to recommend charges against the two men suspected of being involved in the aggravated burglary.
A strong case is believed to have been built against the two accused, including forensic and circumstantial evidence.
The incident occurred in Ms Sutton's home on the Dublin Road in Bray.
The two men suspected of involvement, one of whom was just a juvenile at the time of the attack, can not be named as they are currently on remand over unrelated matters.
However, sources said that the two perpetrators are "better off in prison" as a number of threats have been made against them following the horrific attack.
"They're in the prison system at the moment over other incidents. They're better off in there, because their name has been doing the rounds in Bray and a number of threats have been made against them.
"Whether they are credible threats or not remains to be seen, but there is a lot of anger against the pair at the moment," a source said.
In the aftermath of the horrific ordeal, the victim's daughter Amanda Sutton described how her mother had been left "broken" as a result of the attack.