Friday 18 January 2019

CCTV at Mikey's home did not show altercation

INCIDENT: Gardai draw a blank with star's security film

GARDAI have obtained CCTV from Mikey Graham's home -- but it does not show an altercation which led to a student receiving serious injuries.

Gardai investigating the incident in which local man Paul O'Hara (22) received head injuries got the footage from the Boyzone star's home.

It did not show the controversial incident when officers examined it and the Herald has learned that when gardai went back to the pop star's home to seek the relevant footage it was not available.


This development could hamper the investigation into the high-profile alleged assault which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, April 30.

Local man Mr O'Hara received head injures following an altercation with the 38-year-old pop star last month outside Mr Graham's plush home in Man O'War, Co Dublin.

Mr O' Hara who was too ill to make a formal statement to gardai for weeks after the incident but is understood to have done so now.

And while Mr Graham has spoken informally to gardai on a number of occasions, it is understood that he has yet to make a formal statement.

Sources say that Mr Graham is "still traumatised" over the incident.

The star has told gardai that he did shove Mr O'Hara but has denied hitting him with a cricket bat.

Engineering graduate Mr O'Hara was treated for six days after sustaining head injuries in an incident that occurred outside Mr Graham's home.

He then spent a number of weeks recovering at home.

The singer's doorbell-intercom was buzzed a number of times and he eventually came out. There then appears to have been an altercation near the gates during which Mr O'Hara suffered his head injury.

Mr O'Hara was rushed to hospital by ambulance where medics discovered swelling on his brain.

Mr Graham's wife, Karen Corradi, and the couple's daughter Sienna (5) were in the house at the time of the incident in which friends said Mr Graham feared for his safety.

Mr Graham was interviewed by gardai after the incident and it is understood that he made a complaint about Mr O'Hara's conduct on the night.


He flew out of Ireland "on business" following the incident at the end of April.

It is understood that Mr Graham told detectives that he never meant to hurt the student.

Gardai have also interviewed two of Mr O'Hara's pals who were present on the night.

After the incident, Mr Graham installed a new video intercom at his home.


Promoted articles

Entertainment News