herald

Friday 15 December 2017

Blogger is accused of lying in 
Tulisa case

A man who accused singer and former X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos of assaulting him at a music festival has been accused in court of lying to police.

Celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan claims the N-Dubz star hit him during an altercation at the V-Festival in Essex in August last year.

He was confronted in court by her lawyer over a "lost" photograph showing his injuries, which Mr Morgan alleged had been taken after the attack.

He was called back to the trial at Chelmsford Magistrates Court by district judge Angus Hamilton after witness Jonathan Shalit made a statement claiming that Royston Gooden Legore, who Mr Morgan says took the picture, told him in a phone call that it never existed.

deleted

Mr Morgan told the court that a picture showing the swollen eye he claims he was given by Contostavlos had existed, but had been deleted by Legore, who told him he feared for his future in the music industry if he went against the 25-year-old star.

Contostavlos is standing trial accused of assault alongside her assistant Gareth Varey, 28, who is accused of threatening behaviour.

The pair, both of Royal Drive, Friern Barnet, north London, deny the charges against them.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News