Arrest warrant for attack son
A TEENAGER who attacked his mother when she discovered he had been playing truant has been given a week to turn up in court or a warrant will be issued for his arrest.
The boy, aged 16, had pleaded guilty at the Children's Court in April to assaulting his mother at their north Dublin home on a date in March last year. His case had been adjourned until yesterday for a probation report to be furnished. His grandmother, with whom he resides, and mother turned up to court, however Judge Heather Perrin was told that the boy "refused" to come. The judge adjourned the case for one week.
Teens charged over burglary
TWO teenagers charged in connection with attacking a man during a burglary in Dublin last December have been remanded on continuing bail at the Dublin Children's Court.
The boys, aged 16 and 17, have been charged with burglary while in possession of a pick-axe handle and a knife during the alleged burglary, at a house in north Dublin, on December 17. Yesterday a judge remanded the boys on bail to appear again next month. Their lawyers will then make submissions pleading for the case to be kept in the juvenile court's jurisdiction.
South Korea in navy ship probe
South Korea will lay out evidence later this week that Pyongyang sank one of the South's navy ships in March, killing 46 sailors, a US official said.
The proof will show that North Korea fired a torpedo, triggering an explosion that sank the 1,200-ton Cheonan on March 26 near the two countries' border, said the official. The North denied involvement.