- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- 4 slices Italian bread, eg ciabatta
- 40g (1 oz) Flora spread
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- A little salt & black pepper
- Handful torn basil leaves
- 8 basil leaves, to garnish
1: Cut the slices of bread in half and spread both sides with a little Flora.
2: Cut the garlic clove in half and rub the cut surface over both sides of the bread.
3: Arrange on a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven 200 °C, 400 °F, Gas 6 for 15 minutes
4: Meanwhile, mix together the finely chopped tomatoes, shallot, seasoning, torn basil leaves and the remaining Flora.
5: Spoon some of the tomato mix onto each piece of bread and cook a further 5 minutes.
6: Serve garnished with basil leaves.