4 boneless lamb leg steaks (approx. 600g)
50g unsalted pistachio nuts
50g freshly grated hard cheese
100ml and 30ml olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Remove the meat from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Dry-roast the pistachio nuts briefly in a non-stick frying pan.
2. Put the rocket into a blender; add the pistachio nuts and the cheese, 100ml of olive oil and salt and pepper and blend until you have a chunky pesto sauce.
3. Heat up the barbecue, grill or a non-stick frying pan. Brush the steaks with remaining oil and cook for 1½ minutes on each side. Turn down the heat and cook according to taste and the thickness of the meat.
4. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Leave to rest for two minutes. Place a small spoonful of pesto on each of the lamb steaks and serve the rest of the pesto separately.
5. Accompany with grilled halved tomatoes and steamed potatoes or fresh pasta.