250g (10oz) boiled and peeled potatoes
150g (4oz) oats
50g (2oz) plain flour
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
500ml (½ pint) milk
1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (thyme/parsley/chives)
Butter and oil for frying
Makes approx 30 pancakes
1. Place the potato, oats, flour, onion and garlic in a food processor or a blender and blend for approximately one minute.
2. Add the eggs, milk, herbs and blend for a further minute. Season as required.
3. Heat some oil and a knob of butter in a frying pan.
4. Put one tablespoon of pancake mix (per pancake) on the pan and fry for one minute, turn over and fry the other side until golden brown and cooked through. You can cook 3-4 pancakes at a time on the pan.
5. Transfer the pancakes to a warm plate and repeat steps 3-4 above until the mixture is used up. Serve for breakfast, lunch or tea. These pancakes also make a tasty starter served with smoked salmon and cream fraiche.