150g (6oz) butter200g (8oz) brown sugar
200g (8oz) plain flour
150g (6oz) oats
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
400g (1 can) condensed milk
1. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixer or food processor.
2. Add the flour and oats and mix to form a dough - the texture will be crumbly.
3. Line a 13" x 9" (32cm x 22cm) baking tray with parchment and firmly press out about ¾ of the dough in the base of the tray.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the juice and zest of the lemons with the condensed milk.
5. Spread the condensed milk and lemon mixture on top of the dough in the baking tray.
6. Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top and press lightly.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4 for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 150°C/300°F/Gas mark 2 and bake for a further 20 minutes until golden in colour.
8. Allow to cool and cut into small squares.