Reduce your risk
Do not smoke.
- Moderate your consumption of alcoholic drinks.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
- Frequently eat fresh fruits, vegetables and cereals with a high fibre content.
- Don't get overweight and limit your intake of fatty foods.
More cancers will be cured if detected early:
- See a doctor if you notice a lump, or observe a change in a mole, or any abnormal bleeding
- See a doctor if you have a persistent cough or hoarseness, a change in bowel habits or weight loss.
- Have a cervical smear test regularly when over 25.
- Check your breasts regularly, and, undergo a mammography at regular intervals over the age of 50 (depending on your family history).