DAVID Gillick's RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Spicey Butter Turkey Giant Couscous Salad
200g couscous (or quinoa)
1 red chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
500g turkey fillets, sliced into strips
30g olive oil
300g vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
100g black olives
1 red onion, finely sliced
100g feta cheese, crumbled
30g mixed seeds
Small bunch of mint leaves, chopped
Half of a lemon for juice and zest
50g mixed salad leaves
1. Cook the couscous/ quinoa as per the packet instructions and drain.
2. Meanwhile, mix the butter, chili and garlic into a paste.
3. Toss the sliced turkey fillets in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Place turkey in a hot griddle pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
5. Transfer cooked turkey slices to a plate, dot with the spicy butter and set aside to melt.
6. Next put the tomatoes, olives, onion, feta and mint into a bowl.
7. Combine with the cooked couscous/quinoa.
8. Stir through the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zest, seeds and season well.
9. Serve with salad and the turkey fillets on top, drizzled with any buttery turkey juices.