X FACTOR hopeful Janet Devlin has had a fake profile set up by someone impersonating her on Facebook.
The 16-year-old singer has warned her 'Devlinators' of the imposter on the social networking website.
Joint favourite with boy band The Risk, Janet has garnered thousands of eager supporters online -- but some fans have taken things too far.
"Just to clarify, I don't have a Facebook page of which I've been talking to fans -- I only have an artist page, sorry guys," the budding songstress wrote on Twitter to reassure her followers.
Omagh local Janet is not the first star to face an online imposter. Dublin model Pamela Ryan was recently left shaken after discovering a fake profile with her pictures on a dating site.
The Buck Whaley's hostess has said she was shocked when she found out that private photos of her were being used under the account name Monica, to attract men on the internet.
"A random guy emailed me this week and told me that he had found my picture on a dating website. I looked it up and there was an ad up on the site with all my pictures up there, it was so scary to see."
A number of Facebook pages have been set up pretending to be schoolgirl Janet, since she burst onto the scene over the summer on the TV3 series The X Factor.
The redhead has racked up a whopping 162,465 followers on her Twitter page -- among them One Direction's Niall Horan -- who are rooting for the Irish contestant to win this year's instalment of Simon Cowell's singing competition.
This week on the hit programme, the remaining 10 contestants will take to the stage to perform ahead of Halloween for Saturday's 'fright night' live show.
They are expected to perform a hit that suits the theme in their latest effort to stay on the show.
Meanwhile the girls mentor Kelly Rowland hit headlines earlier this week when she was spotted jetting out of London to return to the US -- leaving her three acts to prepare for this weekend without her. The Destiny's Child star abandoned Janet, Misha B and Sophie Habibas, to fly to Los Angeles for a break.
While speculation was rife that the stunt was a result of a fallout with fellow judge Tulisa, representatives for the singer have said that the trip was planned.
The spokesperson added that Kelly has not missed any of her girls' preparations and is in constant contact with her hopefuls by Skype this week and she has also been sent recordings of the songs while she is away.
Kelly and Tulisa went head to head last weekend after the NDubz singer branded Kelly's act Misha B (19) a bully backstage.
Mayo man Louis Walsh also chipped in by stating that his contestants had previously complained of Misha's behaviour, but apologised on the Sunday results show.
"Lots of things are said backstage -- I shouldn't have called Misha a bully and I apologise," the 59-year-old said.