Troubled Sheen says thanks to his bosses as emergency call released
Charlie Sheen thanked his bosses, co-stars and fans for their support, hours after authorities released an emergency call in which a doctor described the actor as "very, very intoxicated" and in pain.
Sheen's thanks come as his off-camera antics, which led to a trip to the hospital last week and a return to rehab, caused a halt of production on US TV's highest- rated comedy, Two And A Half Men.
In a four-paragraph statement, Sheen (45) thanked his bosses, CBS chief Les Moonves and Warner Bros' TV division president Bruce Rosenblum, for "their concern and support".
He did not offer any new details on his treatment.
The statement was issued hours after the LA Fire Department released a five-minute recording in which Dr Paul Nassif said he received a call from Sheen's residence and spoke with a secretary who sounded worried about the actor.
"They said don't call [emergency number] 911, but I got [Sheen] on the phone and he was very, very intoxicated, also apparently in a lot of pain," Dr Nassif said.
Sheen was taken to a Los Angeles area hospital last Thursday and was released later that day.