herald

Saturday 18 August 2018

Troubled Sheen jokes about going back to work

Charlie Sheen is off work from Two And A Half Men but still making jokes, including about when his top-rated sitcom might resume production.

The CBS series went on hiatus last month after Sheen was briefly hospitalised following an emergency call in which a neighbour said the actor was intoxicated and in pain.

In an interview, Sheen said he was prepared to get back on the set but those in charge of the series weren't. "They said, 'You get ready and we'll get ready'. And I got ready and went back and nobody's there," he said. "I'm here and I'm ready. They're not. Bring it, you know?"

Sheen said he tends to "unravel pretty quickly", so suggested producers should put him to work now.

Asked about when shooting would resume, he joked, "I believe August of 2014 at this pace. I don't know, it's supposed to be like the 28th or the 29th. That's what it is! It's the 29th in a non-leap year."

A spokesman for Sheen said previously he hoped to return to work by the end of February.

CBS and producer Warner Bros Television declined to comment on when production might resume on the Monday-night sitcom that has filmed only 16 of the season's planned 24 episodes. The network and studio have expressed concern for the actor's well-being.

In the interview with former ESPN anchor Dan Patrick, Sheen acknowledged that he's had "some problems lately" and said staying away from crack cocaine is good advice unless a person can "manage it socially".

Asked if he could, Sheen replied: "Yeah, yeah, but that kinda blew up in my face ... like an exploding crack pipe."

He said he is sober now.

Sheen signed a new two-year contract at the end of last season that makes him one of the highest-paid actors on prime-time television.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News