Top comedians set to take part in Comedy Festival
- A string of top comedians are set to take part in the upcoming Bulmers Comedy Festival later this month.
This year's stellar line-up includes shows by four Edinburgh Perrier Award winners including Brendon Burns, David O'Doherty, Rich Hall and Phil Nichol.
Also among the 40 comics taking part in the festival, which runs from October 20-24, will be Jason Byrne, Andrew Maxwell, Colin Murphy and Maeve Higgins.
- Ireland's first ever exhibition dedicated to computer gamers and gaming technology, Gamer Expo 2010, is taking place in the Citywest Convention Centre, from 29-31 October.
More than 24,000 hardcore gamers, clans, casual gamers and families are expected at the event, which will be officially launched at the Point Village Market this Thursday.
- DRAGONS' Den star Sean Gallagher will launch the new iPhone app One4all in the Grafton Lounge next Wednesday, October 20.
Full details of the exciting new app will be unveiled at the bash, where a lucky number of invited insiders will be able to battle it out for a number of top spot prizes including an iPad and One4all gift cards.
- ON Saturday night it was all about the music in Lillie's Bordello as the Corona Movida Irish DJ Championship awards took place.
Dublin DJ Johnny Holmes scooped the top prize, which means he heads to compete in the world finals in Berlin later this year.
Spanish producer and DJ Wally Lopez also performed to a packed crowd.
- FRESH off the stage from The Music Show, Intinn will perform an intimate showcase gig presented by one of Ireland's foremost singers, Eleanor Shanley on Wednesday evening in Crawdaddy.
Intinn are a five-piece band from the west of Ireland. Their music is a distinct blend of reggae, dub and drum 'n' base with a Celtic twist.