- THE newly refurbished Toddy's Bar at the Gresham hotel will be officially unveiled at an exclusive VIP bash next month.
Guests invited to the party, which takes place on September 9 and kicks off at 6.30pm, can look forward to cocktails, music, food, an open bar and some surprises on the night.
Guests will also have the opportunity to win a luxurious night in one of the Gresham's spectacular penthouses, named after the stars that have stayed there, including Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly, by correctly naming the Toddy's Cocktail.
- FOOD critic Eoin Higgins, will celebrate his announcement as the new editor of The Dubliner magazine tonight when he battles it out in the kitchen against fellow food critic Ingmar Kiang.
Guests at the event, which takes place at the Angler's Rest, in Chapelizod, will have to decide who cooks the better meal.
Front-of-house hospitality will be provided on the night by guest maitre d' Paul Trainer of The Dubliner magazine, who will serve a special selection of wines with each course. Guests can also look forward to receiving a free copy of The Dubliner 100 Best Restaurants guide book.
All funds raised go to Temple Street Children's Hospital.
- FANS of the Rocky Horror Show will be in for a treat this autumn when it's performed at Dublin's Grand Canal Theatre. The popular show takes to the stage from October 11 to 16, with Christopher Biggins, who won the heart of the nation on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, lined up to narrate the show.
- IT'S time to head back to the good ol' days for one night only tomorrow night when the Eclectic Garden at The Porterhouse, Bray hosts a charity Eighties and Nineties event for the Bray Cancer Support Centre.
Fans of Baywatch, Saved by the Bell and the A-Team can revel in a flashback to the past as the Eclectic Garden will become a night to remember with top DJs playing Eighties' and Nineties' music and classic TV shows being shown on large screens.
- YESTERDAY saw top model Lynn Kelly join forces with Dragon's Den star Bobby Kerr to launch a new competition called Jumpstart from The LINC at the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown
The initiative will see one start-up company that presents a winning idea scoop a €20,000 prize to jumpstart their new enterprise.
The launch was at the Dylan Hotel on Eastmoreland Place.