The Insider: Cillian Murphy in our midst this evening for the premiere of his new movie
We'll have 28 Days Later star Cillian Murphy in our midst this evening for the European premiere of his new movie Perrier's Bounty.
The Cork hunk will be at the Savoy Cinema as he meets and greets fans and movie buffs alike at the glitzy event. Joining him at the screening of the new flick will be co-stars Brendan Gleeson, Jim Broadbent, Jodie Whittaker, director Ian Fitzgibbon and writer Mark O'Rowe.
The movie will be officially released on March 26.
- A gaggle of familiar faces will be taking to the airwaves for a good cause this weekend. Dublin's 98 will be broadcasting its Care 4 Kids Radiothon and has signed up a number of personalities to take part in the event.
The fundraiser has previously raised more than €1.5m for children's hospitals. Among those who have signed up for the radiothon are Breffny Morgan, Brian Ormond, Claire Tully and Bernard Dunne.
- It has had more relaunches than the Space Shuttle -- but the bar formerly known as Cocoon is at it again. This Friday sees the venue, once owned by Eddie Irvine, getting another revamp as preparations are underway to open the doors of The Grafton Lounge with a raucous bash.
The party crew will be assembling in the Royal Hibernian mall bar as they toast its latest facelift at the invite-only bash. Things will kick off with a drinks reception with DJ Ivano Cafolla taking to the decks.
- The gorgeous surroundings of Mount Juliet in Kilkenny will be the venue for a super-chic fashion show this Friday. Many socialities will be heading down to the hotel for a charity event featuring the Harvey Nichols Spring/Summer fashion collection.
Taking place in the presidential suite of the hotel, attendees will have the chance to get the first look at the latest creations from some top designers.
Among those featured will be Vivienne Westwood, Armani Collezioni and the late Alexander McQueen.
Proceeds from the night will go towards Our Lady's Children's Hospital Crumlin.
Tickets for the event cost €65.
- Keep an ear out for the latest musical stylings of hirsute troubadour Eamon Keane who officially releases his album Hang The Moon this month. Featuring a total of 11 tracks, part of the proceeds from the sale of the album will go towards the Haven charity, which works towards rebuilding the devastated buildings in Haiti. It's the result of an intense recording session at Park House Studios late last year, with the title track penned as a tribute to the broadcaster's dad.
- Essex DJ Jon Carter will be bringing his unique stylings to the Penthouse of the Wright Venue next week. He has confirmed that he will be making a special appearance in the Swords venue on March 16 as he gets everyone in the Paddy's Day mood by following in the footsteps of stars including Leeroy Thornhill from the Prodigy, Seb Fontaine and Peaches Geldof.