The Insider: 23/07/2009
Some extra names have just been added to the line-up of this year's feast of acts at the Electric Picnic.
The latest news is Florence And The Machine will be performing at the Stradbally Hall venue in Laois from September 4-6, alongside Mick Flannery, Laura Izibor, The Big Pink and Nightmares On Wax Soundsystem.
Acts already lined up include Lisa Hannigan, Flaming Lips, Orbital, Imelda May, Madness and Seasick Steve.
- The voice behind some of the most memorable tunes on the hit US TV series Grey's Anatomy is coming to Dublin.
Singer-songwriter Joshua Radin, whose music is described as folk rock, will be belting out the ditties at the Academy on October 4.
Given that he sold out the Sugar Club when he played here last March, this particular gig is set to be an instant sell-out, with tickets available now.
- First, we had cult cartoon characters Transformers brought to life on the big screen in a movie starring the gorgeous Megan Fox -- now it's the turn of military action figures GI Joe.
The new Hollywood blockbuster will hit the screens here next month, with an invitation-only premiere taking place at Parnell Street on August 4.
- The hilarious Katherine Lynch will be reprising her popular stage show in a few months with the Diddy Diddy Dongo Tour.
Fresh from the success of her TV shows Wonderwomen and Working Girls, she'll be bringing to life characters including Liz Hurley, Singing Bernie Walsh and Tallaght divorcee Sheila Chic on October 15 and 16.
- JONATHAN ROSS is publishing his own comic book.
The BBC chatshow host is a huge comic book fan and revealed on Twitter he has now created his own comic.
Jonathan wrote: "Today I am just so psyched and excited, have seen artwork from the comic book I have written -- it is so much better than I had dared hope!"
- Quentin Tarantino will hit Leicester Square in London tonight for the premiere of his Second World War movie Inglourious Basterds.
The director will walk down the red carpet with Diane Kruger and Michael Fassbender, but star Brad Pitt is not expected.
Pitt plays a US officer who leads a band of Jewish American solders taking bloody revenge on Nazis.