The Insider: 11/11/09
Residence is the place to be this evening for star-gazers, with the invite-only launch of Total Management Ireland.
Set up in Britain by native Dubliner Natasha Thomas, she's flying back to oversee the unveiling of the Irish version of the entertainment company.
All the usual social suspects have indicated they'll be there, including Gerald Kean with Lisa Murphy.
Total Management secures tickets to high-profile events, such as the Oscars, Emmys and Cannes Film Festival.
- Well-known muso Niall Stokes was holding forth in the Sugar Club last night for the launch of the Absolut Rock Edition.
The Hot Press editor was overseeing a rowdy bash, which saw a string of rising stars take to the stage, as invited guests toasted the arrival of the new beverage.
Among those strutting their stuff were The Flaws.
- huge congratulations to MCD, after Oxegen was one of the big winners at the prestigious sixth annual Billboard Touring Awards.
The Punchestown-based event beat off stiff competition from 186 other musical extravaganzas around the world to claim the honour of Top Festival at the weekend.
Little wonder, too, that the three-day event came out victorious, given that the line-up last summer included Snow Patrol, Blur, Lily Allen and Bloc Party.
- The worthy work of some of our best-known ladies will be officially recognised on Friday with the annual Irish Tatler Women of the Year Awards.
Taking place at the round room of the Mansion House, the annual awards beano is traditionally a raucous affair for its high-profile attendees.
And centre stage will be Harmonia boss Norah Casey, as she dishes out the gongs in a range of different categories.
- Fashionistas will be beating a path to Karen Millen in Grafton Street tomorrow evening, as the flagship store celebrates its third year in business.
Welcoming in invited guests will be brand boss Ian Galvin, who has asked along his most stylish pals to help him mark the occasion.
- EX-PRODIGY member Leeroy Thornhill is coming back to Wright's nightclub in Swords this month.
The acclaimed DJ will be spinning out the tunes for punters on November 27, and entry is free before 11pm.
Meanwhile, Lillie's Bordello will be welcoming in the gorgeous Sara Lou on Friday, as its continues its series of live music nights.