Red carpet to be rolled out at Morrison Hotel
- THE red carpet will be rolled out at Dublin's Morrison Hotel on Wednesday night when the Screen Directors Guild of Ireland celebrates its 10th anniversary with a glitzy gala awards dinner.
The who's who of the Irish film world are expected to be out in force to mark the occasion.
Some international movie stars are also expected.
Alan Parker, director of The Commitments, and James Bond: The World Is Not Enough director Michael Apted, are also due to attend.
- SLIGO Live Sessions have announced the full line-up of its festival, which takes place over the October Bank Holiday weekend.
The indoor event, from October 21-25, will include more than 100 performances by over 300 performers over five days -- 80pc of which will be free. This year's line-up includes Mary Chapin Carpenter, Lloyd Cole, The Stranglers, Republic of Loose, Dervish and many more. Weekend tickets are on sale now priced €75.
- AS anticipation builds for Arthur's Day 2010, Guinness have announced details of the ultimate Arthur's Day iPhone app.
Created to allow the whole of the country to come together and share in the celebrations this Thursday, the app offers users an enhanced Arthur's Day experience, providing the latest information about all planned events taking place throughout the country and much more.
The Arthur's Day app will countdown to a worldwide toast at 17.59, which will launch the global celebrations and once again see some of the world's most established artists including Snow Patrol, Brandon Flowers, Paolo Nutini and Kelis, play in traditional Irish pubs and music venues, while raising a glass to Arthur Guinness.
- A HOST of stars from of Irish rugby will be out in force at the Shelbourne Hotel on Friday, October 8.
Many well-known players are on the guest list of the annual charity event The Rugby Lunch, in aid of The Children's Sunshine Home.
Tickets are available from €125 per person and contact the charity on 01 2893151 for more details.
- FORMER Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt is jetting into Dublin today to judge the second round auditions of Sky One's popular TV dance competition Got To Dance.
The auditions will take place in the RDS today and tomorrow, with more than 100 performers expected to be out in force.