herald

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Off The Rails coming back on, says Sonya

PRESENTER Sonya Lennon has revealed that Off The Rails will return to Irish TV screens in the autumn.

The stylist told the Herald of her delight that RTE has commissioned another season of the fashion series for the upcoming schedule, after it was axed from the station's spring line-up.

Amid cutbacks and show cancellations, Sonya (41) is set to reunite with her co-anchor Brendan Courtney to shoot the new series in July.

Sonya explained that the pair really want to up their game after being away for so long and they're hoping the programme will be "bigger and better" than ever before.

"I think it's going to be on air in late September or early October. We've been brainstorming for a few weeks now and we're really hungry to progress because we've had time off to think about it all," she said.

The makeover series came back in spring 2011 with a new hour-long format, but that was reduced to 30-minutes for the team's autumn batch of episodes last year.

Due to budget constraints, bosses at Montrose decided to cut Off The Rails from their spring schedule altogether in 2012, instead offering an extended run later this year to save costs.

"You just never know, you can never take anything for granted and we don't," said Sonya. "It is strange times at the moment in RTE and they're under a lot pressure in there, so to hear we're definitely coming back for another season is amazing."

labutler@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News