Lindsay Lohan has one less legal worry after prosecutors announced they would not pursue any charges against her over a December scuffle with a rehab worker.
Riverside County District Attorney's spokesman John Hall said prosecutors determined there was insufficient evidence to pursue a misdemeanour battery case against the actress.
Police were called to a Betty Ford Centre facility in Palm Desert around 1am on December 12 after a worker accused Lohan of hurting her during an altercation.
The worker, Dawn Holland, later spoke about the incident on camera with TMZ and was fired by Betty Ford for violating patient confidentiality rules.
Lohan was nearing the end of her three-month court-ordered treatment at the centre after violating her probation on a 2007 drunken driving case.
Prosecutors had sought further investigation from police agencies that responded to the call, but ultimately found there was not enough evidence to file charges.
The Mean Girls star faces a far more serious case in Los Angeles, where she is accused of felony grand theft after a jewellery store claimed she took a 2,500 dollar necklace without permission.
Lohan has pleaded not guilty and her lawyer has said she is innocent. The actress last week rejected a plea deal that included guaranteed time in jail and is due in court on April 22 for a preliminary hearing during which prosecutors will lay out some of their evidence against the starlet.
If she is ordered to stand trial, a judge could send Lohan to jail for violating her probation.
© Press Association