herald

Thursday 16 August 2018

Newly-single Izabella and I are just good friends, insists Kamal

MR World Kamal Ibrahim has shot down rumours that he is romancing newly-single socialite Izabella Chudzicka.

The Diary can reveal that the pair turned up as a couple at the Shelbourne Hotel, after the hunky Limerick native invited the former Wright Venue hostess (30) to a wedding last week.

Their very public encounter came just three weeks after blonde Polish beauty Izabella broke up with her boyfriend of 18 months John Norton, who is well known on the capital's social scene as the man behind RTE's Fade Street and TV3's Celebrity Salon.

But the 25-year-old pageant winner insisted he and the stunning Sycamore hostess are nothing more than good friends.

"We're not seeing each other at all," Kamal told the Diary. "We were there with a big group of friends.

"She only broke up with her boyfriend in the last few weeks, so no, there is definitely nothing going on between us."

But a source who spotted the pair together said Izabella was "definitely Kamal's date" at the wedding reception for Buck Whaley's boss Richard McDermott and his bride Elaine Foley.

"She and John were living together but now she has moved out. The relationship just fizzled out.

"Kamal asked her to be his date at Richard's wedding in the Shelbourne and they looked incredibly cosy together.

Former Polish-language TV presenter Izabella, who also owns her own premier hostess company, became the talk of the social scene when she began hooking up with handsome producer John almost two years ago.

Meanwhile, chatty party-boy Kamal insisted he is still "happily single", since splitting up with his own long-term Polish girlfriend last year.

"I actually just spent Christmas over in Poland with my ex. I went over to drop some of her stuff back for her and I just ended up staying.

"We're not back together but we had a great time and are still on good terms. Who knows if we'll ever get back together -- I have no idea but she's a great girl.

Kamal also revealed that gardai believe they have tracked down the culprit who stole his expensive sky-diving gear from his car last month.

"They have a suspect and are confident I'll get most of it back. They have video footage of the whole thing so it should all work out according to plan and I'll be back in training for my charity sky-dive asap," he added.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News