Maura Derrane will be donning her gladrags tomorrow
- RTE star Maura Derrane will be donning her gladrags tomorrow night when she steps out to open new boutique Tres Chic in Sandymount.
Up-and-coming TV star Darren Kennedy, who is soon to make the move to the BBC, will also be on hand to help Maura cut the red ribbon on the day.
The glamorous Galway native is due to take to the small screen next Monday for the much anticipated launch of her new show, 4 Daily.
- DESPERADOS, the beer with the edge of tequila, will hit Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Waterford this month in search of 50 of Ireland's best party throwers.
Aspiring party throwers are being invited to host their own party, on their own terms, in their own location, with their own friends and will be handpicked from a Party Thrower Recruitment programme online.
The chosen 50 will receive a party pack.
- POPULAR newcomers Chiddy Bang have confirmed a date at The Academy, Dublin, on October 20.
The concert will come just over a week after the release of their eight-track album, The Preview, on October 11 before the release of their debut album Swelly Life, next year.
- LAST night saw the SCOOP Foundation launch their annual art auction and exhibition at the Ormond Bar on Ormond Quay, where they announced details of this year's auction, where they will sell over 100 exciting pieces of art in order to build a new primary school in Cambodia.
Among the big names taking part are Graham Knuttel, Shane Sutton, Lucy Doyle, Maser, Niall O'Loughlin, Mark Baker, and John Morris. Following last night's launch, the pieces will remain on show until next Sunday, when they will go on auction at 5pm.
- TOMORROW night will see renowned CEO of Biologique Recherche skincare product, Dr Philippe Allouche, jet into Dublin to offer complimentary skincare analyses at the launch of Sanctum Skincare Clinic in Dun Laoghaire.
The invite-only event will begin at 7pm and takes place at 19 Lower George's Street, Dun Laoghaire.
- THE 2010 Rose of Tralee, Clare Kambamettu, will receive a hero's welcome this weekend when she returns to her hometown of Athy for a civic reception on Saturday to mark her achievement.
In an acknowledgement of Clare's Indian heritage, the Indian Ambassador to Ireland, His Excellency PS Raghavan, will be among the guests of honour.