herald

Sunday 19 August 2018

I need break, says Kathryn after new RTE deal

Kathryn Thomas's star is continuing to rise at RTE, with Montrose bosses signing her up for a two-year radio contract.

The popular presenter, who has just finished filming the successful Operation Transformation series, will continue through the summer, with several radio projects in the pipeline.

However, Kathryn (32), after a hectic few months, is adamant she will be taking a few weeks off for some globe-trotting.

"I signed a two-year radio contract with RTE so I'll probably do a little bit more radio this year," Kathryn told the Herald.

"But I'll definitely be putting the backpack on and disappearing somewhere," she added.

Holidays

The blonde presenter first made her radio debut last summer when she filled in for Late Late Show host Ryan Tubridy on his then Radio One programme, The Tubridy Show, while he was on holidays.

At the time it had just been confirmed that Kathryn's long-running travel series No Frontiers had been axed after 10 years. The chatty star was quick to bounce back, however, fronting a three-part series called The Festival Roadshow, before being asked to take over Operation Transformation in place of Gerry Ryan.

Kathryn has also become a regular on RTE Radio One, stepping in for John Murray to present his show at Christmas.

She also joined Murray on his morning radio show on a weekly basis during the Operation Transformation series in order to give him updates on the show.

lnolan@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News