herald

Saturday 17 November 2018

Herald chef Stuart is top of the menu as he wins Oprah TV deal

HE has finally recovered after six weeks with a full cast on his arm and chef Stuart O'Keeffe has been celebrating with another season on Oprah Winfrey's TV network.

The Herald can reveal that the 30-year-old has been lined up for the next instalment of the OWN channel's Home Made Simple show, after huge success in the ratings stakes in the US earlier this year.

Filming for the series kicks off tomorrow and Stuart, who until last week had been working in the kitchen with the use of one arm, has been lined up to shoot 10 episodes for the series.

"The network asked him to return for the second season for a lot more time in front of the cameras, which is great, he's delighted," a pal close to the Tipperary native divulged.

The DIT graduate has been in talks about returning to Irish telly screens in TV3's autumn programming schedule with another bout of Stuart's Kitchen.

However, the culinary king, who is also a popular columnist for the Herald, has yet to find out if the Ballymount station will have enough money to produce a second season this year.



Disappointed

"TV3 told him they are going to UK production companies to look for money," the pal said." He was really looking forward to filming another season and he'd he so disappointed if it didn't work out."

A source also revealed that should the broadcaster fail to raise the funding to bring out another instalment of Stuart's Kitchen, the Nenagh local's American team is hoping to purchase the licence and produce the series stateside.

"If they don't want to or can't shoot it in Ireland, Stuart will probably buy the licence in the States and shoot it there."

Meanwhile, the chef's cast on his arm came off over the weekend, after nearly two months.

Stuart was left in agony after he fell off his prized motorbike while driving in Los Angeles in May.

"It was quite terrifying to be pretty honest, I was just driving along and there was a truck on my left which veered into me. As soon as I went down onlookers were calling 911, so an ambulance and fire engine were on the scene very quickly," he said.

labutler@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News