herald

Friday 15 December 2017

Dubs star Fennell drops out of Celebrity Salon

PRODUCERS of Celebrity Salon are scrambling to find a replacement for Eamonn Fennell after the Dublin footballer decided against making the show.

The All-Ireland winner dropped the bombshell this week, shortly before filming was due to start on the reality programme, which is now in its third installment.

"It is with great regret that I have to withdraw from this year's Celebrity Salon due to the shooting schedule clashing with my training schedule," he said. "My priority is my football career and it's where my focus has to be.

"I wish the production team and cast the best of luck and I will let you know more about my new company that I will be launching real soon," said the sports star.

Fennell added to the Diary: "I won't jeopardise my position on the team by missing training.

"I will be launching my company Trix'N'Trax in the near future and the show was going to be a launchpad for this."

And the Phantom FM DJ appeared to have made the right move, as he was instantly inundated with messages of support saying that he was right to prioritise his GAA career over his TV one.

The St Vincent's footballer will be taking to the pitch for the boys in blue this summer -- and is obviously hoping the team will replicate their amazing success last year when they took home the Sam Maguire for the first time in 16 years.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News