Derrick Dalton tribute in Whelans tomorrow night
- TOMORROW night will see Thread Pulls, Dinah Brand, Richer Than Astronauts and Little Beauties take to the stage for a live performance in Whelans at a tribute night for Derrick Dalton.
The night marks the second anniversary of Derrick's death, and the posthumous release of two records, an LP by his solo project Aeromodeller and a 7-inch single by his band Crumb.
Derrick played in Hey Paulette and Mexican Pets before forming Crumb, who released the LP Evenings And Weekends in 2005. The night is being put together by Derrick's wife Laura, with all proceeds going to Aware.
- AN exclusive party will take place at the Powers-court Town Centre this Thursday night to celebrate the launch of The Dublin Festival of Fashion, which runs from Friday to Sunday.
A host of big names from Dublin's social scene is expected to step out to the red-carpet event, which kicks off at 7pm.
The South William Street centre will be showcasing all the season's latest trends on the night.
- IRELAND'S original drag queen, Mr Pussy -- real name Alan Amsby -- is to celebrate 40 years in the business this year, with a series of shows in the newly opened Academy Plaza hotel in the city centre.
An Evening With Mr Pussy includes dinner and a cabaret performance and will be on stage throughout November and December. Tickets for the show cost €30 and can be bought from the hotel directly.
- DUBLIN group Republic of Loose followed in Westlife's footsteps last night when they played a gig at the O2, which was broadcast live on the internet at 8pm.
The gig was streamed on O2blueroom.ie and saw hundreds of fans logging on in order to catch a glimpse of the band's latest offerings.
The free concert took place in order to launch the group's new album Bounce With The Devil, which was recorded in Baltimore during the summer.
- THE Headford Arms Hotel in Meath has launched two new packages for guests in recognition of their recent achievement, which saw the hotel take the prestigious national hospitality award at the Hotel & Catering Review Gold Medal Award for Three Star Hotels. Guests will be able to chose between an overnight luxury accommodation package or the Superstar package at lower prices.
- EXCLUSIVE eatery L'Ecrivain will be the place to be in November when its co-owners Derry and Sallyanne Clarke throw a star-studded party in the restaurant to celebrate Sallyanne's 48th birthday, as well as L'Ecrivain's 21st year in operation.
The star couple will also take the opportunity to celebrate the success of Derry's delicious new Market Butchers range of gourmet meat products, which hit Harvey Nichols in Dundrum last week.