Bands take to the stage for Vibe for Philo concert
- THE Eric Bell Trio and the Brian Robertson Band were among those who took to the stage in Dublin last night to perform at the much anticipated Vibe for Philo concert.
It took place at Vicar Street and commemorated the life of late Thin Lizzy member Phil Lynott on the 25th anniversary of his death.
Former Thin Lizzy members also took to the stage to pay tribute. Phil's mother Philomena was among those at the gig.
- MOVIE lovers are in for a treat next month when the 9th Jameson Dublin International Film Festival again celebrates the best in Irish and international cinema from February 17 to 27.
Details have just been released about a one-off screening of the iconic The Four Horsemen Of Apocalypse, which will be shown at the National Concert Hall on Saturday, February 26.
Guests can look forward to a rousing live score composed by Carl Davis, played by the acclaimed 45-strong RTE Concert Orchestra and conducted by David Brophy.
- WE may be still wrapping up in our winter woolies to beat the cold but those in the fashion industry are already looking to warmer weather, with an exclusive preview of Oasis' Spring/Summer collection 2011 in Dublin at the end of the month.
The event takes place at the chain's Grafton Street store on January 27, kicking off at 9am and running until 5.30pm.
- STUDENTS nationwide are to show off their entrepreneurial skills in anticipation of the €8,000 Green Dragon Secondary Schools Innovation prize.
The Agri Aware challenge is calling on second-level students to look outside their classroom and come up with a new product or service for the food, agricultural or environmental sector.
In March, students will pitch their ideas to the Green Dragons in the hope of following in the footsteps of last year's highly successful winner, Paul Bowden.
Registration to the Green Dragon initiative is simple and the deadline for entries is January 21.
- UP and coming venue the Grafton Lounge promises to provide the perfect antidote to the January blues this month with the venue's popular Rotate Fridays kicking off this week with guest DJ Eoin Clarke.
Revellers can also look forward to 2-for-1 cocktails on the night, with the promotion starting at 5pm. Also due to take to the decks this month are Dean Sherry, Mark Downes and Johnny Hammond.