American Pie star is most embarrassing dad
American Pie star Eugene Levy has been named the most embarrassing on-screen dad in a poll of film fans.
The actor, who played Jim's dad in the film, became a hit in the role that saw him offering his son unwanted advice about his love life.
He picked up 40pc of the votes -- twice as many as his closest competitor, Clark Griswold, played by Chevy Chase in the National Lampoon films.
Homer Simpson came third, followed by Robin Williams' cross-dressing character in Mrs Doubtfire.
Robert De Niro's character from Meet The Parents, former CIA agent Jack Byrnes, came fifth in the poll organised by DVD service Lovefilm to coincide with Father's Day.
Lovefilm's Helen Cowley said: "On the day we show our appreciation to our fathers it seemed only fitting that we remember those hilarious and often cringe-worthy dads in film who make us laugh at the expense and embarrassment of their kids."
The top 10:
1. Eugene Levy -- American Pie (40pc)
2. Chevy Chase -- National Lampoon's Vacation (20pc)
3. Homer Simpson -- The Simpsons (13pc)
4. Robin Williams -- Mrs Doubtfire (8pc)
5. Robert De Niro -- Meet The Parents (7pc)
6. Rick Moranis -- Honey I Shrunk The Kids (4pc)
7. Steve Martin -- Parenthood (3pc)
7. Jim Carrey -- Liar Liar (3pc)
9. Eddie Murphy -- Daddy Day Care (1pc)
9. Shrek -- Shrek Forever After (1pc)