herald

Monday 5 December 2016

Sterling camp: Liverpool 'exit' blown somewhat out of proportion

Raheem Sterling's current deal at Liverpool runs until 2017
Raheem Sterling's current deal at Liverpool runs until 2017

Raheem Sterling’s agent has today claimed that reports the Liverpool forward is set to the tell the club he wants to leave this summer have “been blown somewhat out of proportion”.

Aidy Ward, the 20-year-old’s long-time representative, said he and the player were always scheduled to meet Reds officials this week and insists they will move forward from there.

“The story has been blown somewhat out of proportion,” Ward said today. “Raheem and his representatives have a meeting scheduled with Liverpool later this week, and we will take proceedings from there.”

Sterling has two years left on his current deal but rejected a reported £100,000-a-week offer earlier this year and negotiations were put on hold until the end of the season. The reports have generally been viewed as another public relations disaster by Sterling’s camp, after a pre-arranged television interview in April in which the youngster claimed he was not a “money-grabber”, and a dip in performance levels this season has not helped him.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News