Saturday 22 October 2016

U-turn by Toure's agent as Yaya now set to stay at Manchester City

Manchester City's Yaya Toure
Manchester City's Yaya Toure

Yaya Toure’s agent has performed a U-turn and insists his client will remain at Manchester City this summer.

Dmitri Seluk recently claimed Toure was “90 per cent certain” to leave City at the end of the season, but he has now changed his tune.

Seluk yesterday said Toure, who had been linked with a move to Inter, would remain at the Etihad Stadium after the club told him that he was “too important to let go.”

It seemed certain the Ivory Coast international would leave City when Seluk made his initial declaration a month ago, but it now appears the player will stay and see out the final two years of his contract.

City boss Manuel Pellegrini has repeatedly stated his desire to hang on to his star midfielder, who moved to the Etihad Stadium from Barcelona in 2010. The 32-year-old is currently with the City squad in north America on a post-season tour.

Frank Lampard (pictured) is ready to hit the ground running in New York after ending his Manchester City career in style.

The former England and Chelsea midfielder got on the scoresheet as City beat Southampton 2-0. It was Lampard’s 259th goal in 882 club matches and the perfect send-off as he now joins fledgling Major League Soccer outfit New York City.

“It was emotional but I am very proud,” said 36-year-old Lampard, whose contribution to English football was acknowledged with a presentation after the game. “I still feel fit and I feel like I can play for a couple more years. Maybe I could have done that in the Premier League, my choice is to play in America.

“I want to go there and carry on and do something good.”

Promoted articles

Entertainment News