herald

Thursday 8 December 2016

Pellegrini: City facing Yaya call

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has admitted a decision will have to be made about the future of Yaya Toure.

Pellegrini has previously insisted the midfielder would be staying at the Etihad Stadium despite recurring, outspoken comments from the player's controversial agent Dimitri Seluk.

Seluk recently said his client, who has two years remaining on his contract, was "90 per cent certain" to leave City this summer. Toure has also been linked regularly with other clubs, including Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain, and Pellegrini now concedes the player's future will be discussed this summer.

Asked about Toure ahead of tomorrow's home clash with Southampton, Pellegrini said: "Same as James Milner - we have to analyse the whole squad at the end of the season and then we will see which is the best for the club and the player."

The future of fellow midfielder Milner is another pressing issue for City.

Pellegrini claims no plans have yet been made for summer recruitment or over a possible replacement for Milner.

He said: "There are a lot of things we must think about for the future. We will try to do it as well as we can."

Promoted articles

Entertainment News