Thursday 27 October 2016

Ireland ace Arter picks up new Cherries deal

Harry Arter Picture: Sportsfile
Harry Arter Picture: Sportsfile

Bournemouth have secured the services in the long-term of Ireland international Harry Arter after the midfielder agreed a new three-year deal with the Cherries.

The club have been delighted with Arter's progress since they signed him from non-league outfit Woking in 2011, Arter helping them win promotion to the Premier League and then assisting as they stayed in the division.

Arter's form has caught the eye of bigger clubs and the Cherries have moved to head off any possible interest in Arter by securing his services up to 2019.

"We're delighted to secure Harry's long term future at the club," said Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake.

"Harry has been on every step of the journey and he has been an important figure in our rise through the leagues.

"He has made over 200 appearances for the club and has also become an international footballer, so we're really pleased to give Harry this new deal."

Arter had been in the frame for Ireland's Euro 2016 squad but injury prevented him from travelling to the finals, though Martin O'Neill is a big fan of the ex-Charlton player and Arter will be a key figure in the squad's efforts to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.

"It's something that I spoke to Martin and Roy about," he said last week. "They gave me a bit of confidence about that, that if I get back fit and start the season well then I'll be in their plans."

Promoted articles

Entertainment News