herald

Friday 18 August 2017

Coyle: No bids for McCarthy

OWEN COYLE has tried to dampen talk of James McCarthy leaving Wigan, with the Latics boss insisting that no bids have been made for the Ireland star.

Premier League sides Everton and Tottenham have this summer been linked with the midfielder but, so far, nothing has been put on the table, says Coyle.

"We've not had any enquiries let alone any bids for our players," Coyle said.

"We've got hugely talented players. That goes without saying, but we want to keep this group together.

"Long may that continue but ultimately, with the way the transfer window works, that can change at any time. That's something we'll prepare ourselves for and see how it goes."

Promoted articles

Entertainment News