Anthony Martial set to be Man United's only major signing this transfer window
Anthony Martial looks set to be the only major signing Manchester United make on deadline day.
United have been linked with a number of stars in the last few weeks, but Martial is likely to be the only player who signs for the club before Tuesday's 6pm deadline.
United agreed a fee of £36million for the 19-year-old Monaco striker on Monday.
Martial was allowed to leave France's training camp to travel to Carrington for a medical on Monday. Provided Martial passes those medical tests, he will become the most expensive teenager in football history.
The current most expensive teenager in world football is Luke Shaw, who signed for United for a fee that could rise to just over £30million last summer.
Martial is a 19-year-old French striker who signed for Monaco from Lyon for just £3.7million two years ago.
The teenager, who can play either on the wing or up front, scored 10 goals in 44 appearances for Monaco last season. He has played three times for the Ligue 1 club so far this term.
United's pursuit of the player came completely out of the blue.
The club had been linked with the likes of Gareth Bale, Thomas Muller, Neymar and Edinson Cavani this summer, but they have decided to invest their money in Martial instead.
United captain Wayne Rooney appeared to know little about Martial, according to his United team-mate Morgan Schneiderlin.
The United midfielder, speaking at France's training base said: "Wayne Rooney came to speak to me and asked me who Martial was.
"I told him he is technical and powerful. A little like Thierry Henry, even if it's the press who are making that comparison."
Despite the lack of incomings at United, there could be more departures before the deadline passes.
Anders Lindegaard, Javier Hernandez and Adnan Januzaj left for West Brom, Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund respectively on Monday.
United are considering sending 19-year-old striker James Wilson out on loan.
Marcos Rojo has been linked with a move away from United, but the defender is determined to stay despite admitting manager Louis van Gaal was angry with him over a passport issue that meant he had to miss the American tour.
He told ESPNFC Radio on Monday night: ''I spoke with Van Gaal when I arrived and he was annoyed about what happened but he told me he was counting on me to compete with Daley Blind (at centre-half) but he also told me that I could be an option as a full-back.
''I have received offers but I want to stay here and fight for a place because this is a huge club.''