herald

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Mayweather refuses to respond to Mac claims

Conor McGregor
Conor McGregor

Floyd Mayweather has refused to respond to Conor McGregor's claims the Dubliner has signed to fight him.

UFC lightweight champion McGregor, 28, earlier said he had concluded his side of the negotiation process and that he hoped Mayweather would sign to fight "in the coming days".

McGregor last year obtained a boxing licence granted by the California State Athletic Commission, which would allow him to box in the US state, as part of his pursuit of a cross-sport showdown with Mayweather.

America's Mayweather is accompanying his protege Gervonta Davis in London, where on Saturday he makes the first defence of his IBF super-featherweight title against Liam Walsh.

He was asked about the latest development regarding a fight with McGregor, but responded: "Let's focus on these two competitors."

In a statement issued to TheMacLife.com, the Dubliner said yesterday: "The first, and most important, part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on. We now await Al Haymon and his boxer's signature in the coming days."

Promoted articles

Entertainment News