Week 4: David Gillick's recipe of the week: Crunchy Grilled cod with pesto
Tasty and healthy, this recipe is sure to get you going
Ingredients per person:
1 or 2 fillets of cod (100g each)
25g pesto (made with olive oil)
80g Greek yoghurt
10g grated Parmesan
15g crushed cashew nuts
100g tomatoes, chopped
100g peppers, chopped
150g sweet potato
1. Turn oven on high heat (200°C). Chop sweet potato into rough chip cuts, leaving on the skin.
2. Place on baking tray, drizzle in olive oil and roast for 40 minutes.
3. Turn on grill to a high heat. Mix Greek yogurt and pesto together to form a paste.
4. Place cod fillets onto heat proof tray with chopped tomatoes and peppers. Spread a thin layer of Greek yogurt/pesto mix across the fillet, covering it.
5. Grill for 10-15 minutes on a medium heat (160-180°C). Make sure the sauce on top of fish doesn't burn.
6. After 10-15 minutes, sprinkle crushed cashew nuts onto the fillet. Place back under grill on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
7. Next sprinkle the grated cheese over your fillet. Grill for 2 minutes.
8. Serve with the chips, using the remaining yoghurt/pesto sauce for dip.