Week 16: Recipe of the Week - Almond Chocolate-Chip Cookies
These biscuits are both tasty and healthy (for biscuits!)
(Makes 12-14 cookies)
l 50g coconut oil
l 2 medium free-range eggs
l 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
l 300g ground almonds
l 55g stevia or an alternative natural sweetener (available in all big supermarkets)
l 1 teaspoon of baking powder
l 1 small pinch of salt
l 60g dark chocolate (70pc cocoa or more), broken into small pieces, or 50g dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave for about one minute, until it has melted.
3. Beat the eggs with the vanilla extract in a bowl. Add the ground almonds, stevia, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
4. Add the melted coconut oil to the cookie dough and mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop balls of cookie dough onto the lined baking trays, spaced well apart to allow them to spread.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Eat warm or cold.