Dunne keen on new deal
RICHARD Dunne says he hopes he can hammer out a deal to extend his stay at QPR for next season, writes AIDAN FITZMAURICE.
The 35-year-old had been ruled out for the rest of this season with a knee injury picked up back in February but Dunne made rapid progress in his recovery and made an appearance off the bench in Sunday's defeat to Chelsea.
He aims to boost his fitness by appearing for their U21 side today but Dunne is also keen for a longer stay as his current deal expires in the summer, though he does concede that his employers will not be able to discuss contracts until their relegation fate is known.
"At the end of the season I'm sure we will down down but I would love to stay," says Dunne, who has made 19 Premier League appearances for Rangers this term.
"The club is in a situation where no individual is important enough to question their future, it's all about the club.
"We have two home games left and we have to win them both, there is no time left for second chances."
Dunne, who retired from international football last year, joined QPR in 2013 after an injury-cursed spell with Aston Villa and helped them win promotion back to the Premier League, with a play-off win over Derby at Wembley last May. But his season this term was disrupted by an injury sustained against Southampton, though he is now ahead of schedule in his recovery.