herald

Friday 22 September 2017

Dalglish rules out January moves

LIVERPOOL manager Kenny Dalglish has stressed that there will be no transfers in or out the club before the window closes.



Despite the Reds being linked with a host of players over the last few weeks the Scot, who had |previously intimated he did not expect much activity, said there was no business being done.

Reports emerged over the weekend that Manchester City had turned down the offer of a swap deal between Carlos Tevez and Andy Carroll but Dalglish would not comment on that speculation.

“There is no-one going in or out of the club before the transfer window (closes),” he said.

“There is nothing happening here.”

Dalglish, meanwhile, hailed his side’s application after a late Dirk Kuyt goal guided Liverpool to a 2-1 victory over Manchester United in the fourth round of the FA Cup at Anfield.

“Their commitment, attitude and desire to get a result was fantastic and we cannot speak highly enough of them after that performance and result,” said Dalglish.

Promoted articles

Entertainment News