Trainer Mouse's tragic son was coming home to open own restaurant
TRAGIC Christopher Morris was hoping to return to Ireland and open a restaurant using recipes he picked up on his world travels, his family said yesterday.
Christopher (30), the son of horse trainer Michael 'Mouse' Morris and nephew of former TV presenter Thelma Mansfield, died in Argentina from carbon monoxide poisoning on Monday night.
Michael Morris paid tribute to his youngest son, saying "Christopher died while having a ball of a time".
He told the Herald it was Christopher's plan to return home and "excite Ireland" with a restaurant venture.
"He was collecting recipes as he travelled. Christopher was a chef by profession," he said.
Musician Christopher's cooking ability was also mentioned by his brother, Jamie, who posted a message on Facebook announcing his death.
"It is with unimaginable sadness that I have to inform you of the passing away of my beloved brother and best friend Tiffer Morris," he wrote.
Christopher was known as Tiffer because Jamie was un-able to pronounce his brother's name properly as a young boy.
"He died peacefully due to carbon monoxide poisoning in Argentina," wrote Jamie. "There's going to be one hell of a gig in heaven tonight with Tiff on the drums and cooking up a feast.
Trainer Christopher 'Mouse' Morris
"God must have heard about his cooking skills and taken him from us for himself! Love you always bro xx."
Friends of both men responded to Jamie's announcement.
"My heart goes out to you and your family. Tiffer Morris was a happy, gentle and kind soul who had so much to give the world. Rest in peace," wrote one.
Michelle LeAnn Fernandez posted a picture of Christopher taken only last week.
"This was last Tuesday at our band practise. He was proud of his Lego creation," she wrote.
Christopher's home town of Fethard in Co Tipperary was plunged into sadness as news of his death filtered through.
His father spoke of his son's love of travel.
"He was doing what he was happy doing, seeing different places," he said.
"It's awful news, and everybody is being very good and giving us support."
Christopher was staying with a friend in a house in Las Heras, a city in the province of Mendoza, when the tragedy happened.
A second man also died.
- Son of horse trainer Michael ‘Mouse’ Morris dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in Argentina
- Grandfather was film producer and head of Olympics' governing body