Pensioner (85) is killed in house fire horror and son is treated for smoke inhalation
An 85-year-old man has died in a house fire.
It is understood that the pensioner’s son arrived back to the Dublin property yesterday evening and discovered the tragic scene.
The victim’s son attempted to enter the property, but his father died at the scene. The son was last night treated for smoke inhalation by emergency services who rushed to the fire at Monaloe Crescent in Cabinteely.
Residents in the area were shocked at the death.
Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB) confirmed that they attended the scene of the fatal house fire after the alarm was raised shortly after 7.40pm.
Several units raced to the blaze, which was attended by a team of up to 20 firefighters.
A spokesperson for DFB said that they deployed three engines, a senior officer, an emergency tender and an ambulance to the blaze at Cabinteely.
The National Ambulance Service also assisted and one of
its ambulances attended the scene.
The body of a man was discovered at the property. It is not known if there were any other occupants in the house.
Locals last night expressed their shock at the incident and described the area where the home is located just off the Clonkeen Road as a “quiet” and “mature” area.
Councillor Patricia Stewart, a Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown representative, was shocked by the news.
“My thoughts are with the person who has been hurt and the person who lost his life, and any relatives and friends,” the Fine Gael councillor said.