herald

Saturday 3 December 2016

Pair are trapped by blaze in kitchen

The kitchen after the fire
The kitchen after the fire
Fire damage in home in Clongriffin, North Dublin Pic: Dublin Fire Brigade/Twitter
Fire damage in home in Clongriffin, North Dublin Pic: Dublin Fire Brigade/Twitter
Fire damage in home in Clongriffin, North Dublin Pic: Dublin Fire Brigade/Twitter

TWO people have been rescued from a burning house after their kitchen became engulfed in flames.

Three fire engines from Kilbarrack and North Strand Fire stations in Dublin and an ambulance were called yesterday to the scene of a “well-developed fire” at a house in Grange Lodge Avenue, Clongriffin, Co Dublin.

The incident, which happened shortly before 4.50pm, saw two occupants of the home trapped inside.

Members of the fire brigade came to their rescue and took them safely from the building.

No one was seriously injured, but both residents were treated for smoke inhalation.

Last night a member of Dublin Fire Brigade could not indicate the extent of the damage inside the house.

However, the pictures displayed on the fire service’s Twitter page show much of the room destroyed and blackened.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News