herald

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Op saves cat who swallowed 3ft of tinsel

A veterinary charity has issued a warning to pet owners as two cats needed life-saving treatment after they ate tinsel.

Two-year-old Ginge swallowed up to three feet of the decoration from a Christmas tree and required surgery.

Nine-month-old kitten Broxi devoured red, white and blue tinsel and needed emergency treatment.

Vets acted quickly in both cases to remove the tinsel which can rupture internal organs, leading to potentially fatal infections.

Animal charity PDSA has advised pet owners to think of their animals as they would a toddler and remove any potential dangers.

Ginge's owner Joanne MacLeod, of Brown Edge, Staffordshire, rushed her pet to the animal hospital after he started vomiting and became lethargic.

hnews@herald.ie

Promoted articles

Entertainment News